Our website is currently being updated. If you can't find the information you need, please contact the school office.


At Kea school we believe Religious Education (R.E.) should equip children with systematic knowledge and understanding of a range of religions and beliefs, enabling them to develop their ideas, values and identities. R.E. at Kea school challenges children to do much more than just acquire knowledge about different religions.  We encourage our children to ask challenging questions about meaning and purpose in life, beliefs about God, issues of right and wrong and what it means to be human. Children learn to weigh up wisdom from different sources to develop and express their own insights. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity as fundamental British values through our R.E. teaching at Kea School. Ultimately, we strive for our children to arrive at secondary school with an inclusive mindset and an aptitude for dialogue – ready to positively participate in our society with its diverse religions and beliefs.

We follow the 2020 Cornwall agreed R.E. curriculum. This presents opportunities for children to learn about religions and beliefs in local, national and global contexts. Approximately 60% of our R.E. curriculum explores topics related to Christianity and the remaining 40% focusses on different religions including Islam, Hinduism, Judaism and non-religious world views, including Humanism. These topics are not taught in isolation.  Each R.E. topic we explore provides equal weight to making sense of different beliefs, making connections between different beliefs and understanding the impact of different beliefs on ourselves and on our societies. Our close ties with Kea Church, allow us to bring the curriculum to life through church visits and wonderful ‘open the book’ drama assemblies. Our curriculum Kernewek, an addition to the Cornwall agreed syllabus, provides a further opportunity for children at Kea to encounter the rich religious, spiritual and cultural heritage of Cornwall and explore the relevance of this heritage for many people living in Cornwall and beyond.