Hello Year 2
Welcome to our Home Learning Page. I will be putting up work to do each week on the "This Week's Learning" tab. I would like you to continue with the daily work set on the plan.
Please feel free to adapt the learning plan to suit you and your family. Do what you can each day and what is manageable. Don't worry if you can't cover everything each day! Try to include some reading, writing and maths, with some time for the children to be creative in the afternoons.
Please say a big thank you to your parents for looking after you and teaching you at home. They are doing an amazing job. I can't wait to see you back in school, but until then, keep working hard and trying your best!
Cross curriculum packs
Below are some pack of materials from Twinkl and Classroom secrets. These packs have lots of ideas for across the curriculum.
- Free Year 2 Home Learning Pack from Classroom secrets Guidance and Answers.pdf
- Free Year 2 Practical Ideas from Classroom Secrets.pdf
- Free Year 2 Home Learning Pack from Classroom secrets.pdf
The BBC have moved lots of teaching resources to BBC teach. Need a moment? There are loads of brilliant educational videos here:
Extra Maths Challenges
P.E. and Exercise
- BBC Let's Move - Dance teaching resources for Key Stage 1 covering National Curriculum PE objectives, with lesson plans. Presented by Cat Sandion and Justin Fletcher
- Take It Outside Spring Stem Egg Rolling Activity.pdf
- Take It Outside Spring Stem Nests For Eggs Activity.pdf
We will post handwriting in our daily learning page. The zip file below has hundreds of extra handwriting sheets which can be downloaded and copied from the screen or printed. It is a big zip file so you may want to access this first from a computer rather than a smart phone.