This Week's Learning (1st March- 5th March)
Welcome to the Year 5 Home Learning Page!
Here you will find daily lessons for English and maths, alongside their resources.
Please remember, don't worry if you can't get through all of the learning each day.
We want you and your parents to feel reassured that we are still here to support you with your learning, so please don't hesitate to contact us via the school office if you need our help.
Mrs Drzymala & Mrs Samuels
Assignments: Please send a photo or electronic copy to Teams
- Monday’s Writing Task- Advertisement- hire a dragon hunter
- Monday's PSHE Task- Art competition - 'Hope Springs'
- Wednesday’s Writing Task – Dragon egg descriptions
Join us for our live sessions:
- Thursday 4th March @ 11.15am- Year 5 Assembly
- Friday 5th March @ 9.30am - Year 5 Assembly
Y5 Weekly Overview
This week's Handwriting & Spelling
This week we will be looking at long multiplication using the formal method. It is really important for the children to understand that when we multiply by 2-digits the skill is the same, even when we multiply by larger numbers. For example- if you can multiply TU X TU then you can do ThHTU X TU or
23 x 15 uses the same skill as 2340 x 15.
If you need more time to go over multiplying by 1-digit- that's absolutely fine. I've included some extra work for you to do this week below instead.
- Multiply 3-digits by 1-digit fluency questions and answers
- Multiply 3-digits by 1-digit
- Answers - Multiply 3-digits by 1-digit
- Missing-Numbers-Differentiated-Activity-Sheets- 3-digits by 1-digit
- Multiply 4-digits by 1-digit
- Answers - Multiply 4-digits by 1-digit
Monday 1st March 2021
- Monday 1st March- English introduction- dragon hunter
- WAGOLL- advert
- Sentence Starters Help Sheet
- Advertisement for a dragon hunter planning sheet
If you are unable to play today's video, please re-watch last Thursday's teaching video as this is a re-cap of the end of last week's work with additional worksheets to consolidate.
- Multiply 2-digits- Recap Teaching Clip
- Multiply-2-digits-area model- Varied Fluency- 3 levels of difficulty
- Optional Challenge -Multiply-2-digits-area model - Problem Solving- 3 levels of difficulty
Tuesday 2nd March 2021
- Tuesday literacy video - writing a dragon poem
- Dragon's Power poem
- Dragon's body word mat
- Writing a dragon poem slideshow for video Tuesday
- Multiply 2-digits by 2-digits Teaching Video
- Optional Challenge- Multiply-2-digits-by-2-digits
- ANSWERS Optional Challenge -Multiply-2-digits-by-2-digits
Wednesday 3rd March 2021
- Wednesday 3rd March - English Introduction- Dragon Eggs
- Dragon Hunter's Guide to Local Dragon Eggs
- Examples of eggs
- Multiply 3-digits by 2-digits Teaching Video
- Optional Challenge-Multiply-3-digits-by-2-digits-1
- ANSWERS Optional Challenge-Multiply-3-digits-by-2-digits
Thursday 4th March 2021
- Message from Mrs Hunkin
- Thursday literacy video - write an entry for the Dragon Hunter's Guide to Local Dragons
- Storm Dragons - WAGOLL
- Dragon Hunters Guide to Local Dragons - planning sheet
- Word matching- task 1 (optional)
- Sorting out a structure - task 2 (optional)
- Slide show for Thursday literacy - Dragon Hunter's Guide to Local Dragons
- Multiply 4-digits by 2-digits- Basic Practice- Teaching Video
- Optional Challenge -Multiply-4-digits-by-2-digits
- ANSWERS Optional Challenge- Multiply-4-digits-by-2-digits
Friday 5th March 2021
- Multiply 4-digits by 2-digits- recap- Teaching Video
- Optional Challenge- Multiply-4-digits-by-2-digits
- ANSWERS Optional Challenge-Multiply-4-digits-by-2-digits
Suggested Afternoon Timetable
- Suggested Weekly Activity Timetable Monday 1st to Friday 5th March 2021
- French clothes PowerPoint lesson
- New Beginnings
St Piran's Day - Friday 5th March
Who was St Piran? Read about his life in the document saved below.
Try doing some activities to celebrate St Piran's day such as making a pasty (and eating one!), wearing the colours of the Cornish flag, or you could try making a Cornish flag.
Have a go at the activities in this booklet: https://www.visittruro.org.uk/things-do-whats/st-pirans-day-activity-pack
Enjoy St Piran's day!