• a deep understanding of maths and number
• a positive, resilient attitude towards maths
• a range of learning strategies, allowing pupils to work both collaboratively and independently
• fluency in mathematics, allowing children to express ideas and use mathematical language
• an understanding of the importance of mathematics as part of their everyday life.
• as independent learners who take responsibility for their own learning.
- 2 times tables games.zip
- 4 times tables games.zip
- 3 times tables games.zip
- 5 times tables games.zip
- 7 times table games.zip
- 6 times tables games.zip
- 8 times table games.zip
- 9 times table games.zip
- 10 times table games.zip
- 11 times table games.zip
- 12 times table games.zip
Key Instant Recall Facts known as ‘Muscle Maths’ at Kea, are designed to support the development of the mental skills that underpin much of the mathematics work in school. They are particularly useful when calculating and cover:
Place Value, Multiplication & Division, Number Bonds & Multiplication, Doubles/Halves and Addition & Subtraction.
Muscle Maths takes places at least 3 times each week, in small daily bursts to ensure that the skill is practised and embedded so that children grow in confidence to recall their facts instantly.
The Muscle Math’s card has three columns and the children aim to complete a column within three minutes. Once this target has been achieved, the children will gain their star award for that card (bronze award); the next target will be to complete two columns in three minutes (silver award) and finally, all three (gold award).
The children will begin to work on their ‘Muscle Maths’ from the Summer Term and skills will be published to parents so that they know what their child is working on as part of the communication with parents at the start of each half term (overview). Homework may include some of these skills so parents can help their children to embed them.